Sunday, January 29, 2017

What You Can Expect

    One thing's for sure.  You can expect me to get better at this since, right now I couldn't be any worse.
    I was born just about the dead middle of the last century.  Since I was born in the middle of the baby boom I obviously have no claim to a unique perspective.
    My interest in creating this blog is mostly politics.  My grandfather was a union president in the 1920's and my mother, at one time was a local Democratic Committee woman.  Aside from those beginnings, my views have been formed by my education, my reading and observation thru a long life.
I was a home renovation carpenter for 30 years.  Before that I was a cab driver for 10 years. I've been a mill/foundry hand.  I was once a deckhand on the Ohio River.  As a boy I was a farm hand.  I also was a real estate salesman between the ages of 19 and 23.
    I am a graduate of and believer in the Dale Carnegie Institute.  That means, if you ain't buyin what I'm selling I need to sell it better.  I studied but did not get a degree in Military and Diplomatic History at a small extension campus of North Carolina State University on Fort Bragg in Fayetteville, North Carolina.  Other than learning I did not want to teach I did learn to read in a systematic fashion.  A friend of mine referred to it as learning how to learn.  I am a compulsive reader and I retain a great deal of what I read.
    In the following posts, my politics and overall take on life will become obvious.  You are invited to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment