Tuesday, September 22, 2020

What Are Ya Doing, Writing A Book?

    I've been asked that a few times as I posted to this blog.  The answer is, yes. Yes, I am.  I'll tell you why.
    As events progressed in 2015, 2016 and inevitably, 2017 I became more and more involved in the politics but not in the day to day events. As I saw simple, basic values and shared conclusions be ignored and trampled I realized those were the things that needed discussed and reinforced, so I set out to do just that. I don't think you have to be oh so serious about things we've all known since we sat at our parent's knee but sometimes we do have to be reminded.
    I'm all but 70 years old.  I've seen a great deal first hand and participated in some of it. In addition, I've habitually and systematically read somewhere around 500 pages a week for well over 45 years. That's a privilege of opportunity not a lot of people have had. I'm not sure what that means other than if I say something is a fact; chances are I can tell you why I think that in detail. It also means I can generally tell you more than the average person would ever want to know and I'm not shy about doing so. Obviously.
    If you'd like to read the book I made out of this just scroll down to January of 2017 and start reading. It's not too bad but doesn't make a lot of sense read that way.  These efforts are much better and more informative if read in some sort of logical (maybe) order.  That's what the book is.  I wrote this stuff as it occurred to me with the intention of organizing it later.  I did. (maybe).
    A little Jim goes a long way. With that in mind, this makes a perfect bathroom or coffee table book.  You can put this book down and I encourage you to.  I also encourage you to wash your hands, maybe light a candle as a courtesy. Thanks to the publisher guy it's also an attractive thing to have laying around. The cover makes me look smarter than I really am and it will do the same for you for a mere 12 bucks.  Can't beat that. 



2 comments:

  1. The ebook is 4 bucks. Either way, it's a good read. Short, sweet, yet pungent (it does have a few puns).

    ReplyDelete
  2. upbeat, realistic, Jim Retzer is in tune with the times we are living in.

    ReplyDelete